Dave Ryan Ink

Humorist, journalist, and recovering lawyer, Dave Ryan tackles the issues of the day from a unique and humerous perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, July 27, 2006

This is Pathetic

I don't know how it is that this is the first I have heard of this story, but it is hard to believe in this day and age. A black man is refused service for . . . . you guessed it, being black. Welcome to Canada, home of multiculturalism.

I understand to some degree the bar owner's concern over past problems with patrons, but I thought we were at the MLK stage where we judged each individual by the contect of their character, not the colour of their skin.

Interesting irony in that this comes out of the province where the french are always calling for equality and distinct status. Don't remember any stories about francophones being refused service, even though some francophones would like to split Canada in two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home