Dave Ryan Ink

Humorist, journalist, and recovering lawyer, Dave Ryan tackles the issues of the day from a unique and humerous perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm Torn by Which Canadian Icon I Hate More

The other night, losers waiting to get in to see which fellow loser was going to move ahead in CTV's Canadian Idol got so loud that employees of the neighboring CBC called to make a noise complaint.

It sucks that CBC displayed such sour grapes. Sure their station sucks, and yes, if I was an employee over there I would be pissed that I was even working after 6 o'clock (isn't that one benefit of being a government employee?), but to complain about the noise, when you work for a company who broadcasts noise over the TV and radio as there stock in trade is a little hypocritical.

They should hire one of Trudeau's offspring (the acknowledged ones or even one of the unacknowledged ones) and start their own program. They could call it Canadian Idle, and try to find the Canadian who does as little as possible to contribute to society. Maybe I could compete.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:11 p.m. MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

10:33 p.m. MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home