Dave Ryan Ink

Humorist, journalist, and recovering lawyer, Dave Ryan tackles the issues of the day from a unique and humerous perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Call Bullshit

I have been reticent to tackle the middle east issues until now. Why? Frankly there is so much to discuss. But I did notice a few things over the last few weeks that I have been mentioning to friends, and now it looks like some of the media is beginning to clue in as well.

The first was this report on CNN. I was watching this while eating dinner with my wife and I said to her at the time, what the fuck is CNN doing? They have a Hezbollah PR guy showing them places that he himself has picked out. How do we even know that Hezbollah didn’t bomb the street that morning? Terrorists are not known to be the most up front and honest people to deal with.

Then there was the whole UN reaction to the Israeli bombing of a UN outpost. I was watching the reactions live as they came in and was saying to myself, no way. There is no fucking way that the Israeli’s intentionally bomb the UN. Kofi comes out, without any hesitation or qualification and denounces Israel. Then we find out that the Israeli’s actually warned the UN of the bombing (six times actually), and now we are being told that Hezbollah (you know, the same guys who are shocked at all of this) was using the outpost as a shield
I wouldn’t call myself pro-Israel, other than to say that it is my impression that they are usually the defender, not the aggressor, but why the fuck does CNN and the rest of the media give Hezbollah such a break?

Here is a great little primer on the “real” start of this whole thing from the Glenn Beck show: History of the Middle East: In a Couple of Minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:45 p.m. MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home