Dave Ryan Ink

Humorist, journalist, and recovering lawyer, Dave Ryan tackles the issues of the day from a unique and humerous perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm no John Mayer, but . . .

. . . I am an asshole, so I may have something relevant to add to his interview with Sarah Hampson in Saturday's Globe and Mail.

In the interview Mayer said, among other dumb and egotistical things, that "I'm doing so well that most anybody I meet at a party would only be, at best, somebody who doesn't bring me down."

If I was at the party I could tell him that he is a marginal talent that in most other generations where his cometition for radio airtime would have been from the likes of Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Ray Charles, etc, he would be playing for free beers in backwater towns in the southern U.S.

I could tell him that even among his contemporaries, Blunt, Johnson, Geiger, and the like are better.

And I could tell him that if he is so shit hot, why did he even go out on one date with Jessica Simpson? Did he really think he was going to wow him with intellectual chat or give him some song writing tips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home