Dave Ryan Ink

Humorist, journalist, and recovering lawyer, Dave Ryan tackles the issues of the day from a unique and humerous perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wrong

I admire the B'nai Brith, but its VP Frank Dimant has called for a crackdown on Hezbollah demonstrations in Canada.

I certainly don't support Hezbollah, and as you can see from previous comments on this blog, I support Israel, but Dimant is missing the point. The very thing that distinguishes democracies like Canada's is that we let the wingnuts speak out, then we denounce them publicly, and they don't grow. When you stop these groups from showing how rediculous their ideas are in the light of day, they spawn and fester and grow in the background.

Let Hezbollah march down Queen Street shouting their terrorist bullshit. My guess is that it will only further alienate them, not help them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home